Full-Stack Software Engineer - Apollo
There is much more that we want to build and so much that we could improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to jump into most projects.
***This is a remote position available from anywhere in the US or anywhere in the world.***
As we are scaling our company, we are committed to providing the best possible environment for our engineering team. The less time our engineers spend dealing with cumbersome processes, inefficient systems, and commuting, the more time they have to solve problems and make an impact. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest engagement software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as your work is aligned with your goals.
You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You'll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, receive and give hands-on mentorship and have opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
Examples of work that Software Engineers do at Apollo
- Scrape news from more than 1000+ sources every day. Apply NLP to categorize the news, and alert users based on their preference.
- Design, build, and scale machine learning pipelines that analyze and score user’s data based on billions of signals that we scrape from tens of millions of websites.
- Design, build, and scale complex and highly customizable analytics engines to help clients track success metrics while using our platform.
- Build a phone call system that allows users to make phone calls on the platform and track their phone call history. Apply NLP on the recording to help our customer analyze their phone calls and improve performance.
- Collaborate with CTO and CEO to design, iterate upon, as well as implement core product initiatives.
- Front-end development in React/Redux/NodeJS/ES6, SCSS
- Backend development of RESTful services in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch
- Scaling existing backend systems to handle ever increasing amounts of traffic and new product requirements
- Create internal tools to help our sales and support teams guide our customers to success
- Experience with database modeling (SQL and/or NoSQL)
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in engineering.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Ability to take complex product goals and efficiently deliver working software in logically consumable pieces
- Creative and innovative problem solver with experience working in a startup environment
Great To Haves
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails, React, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Web scraping (Mechanize, Phantomjs, Selenium, XPath,... )
- Skills in Machine Learning
- Competitive salary, equity grants
- Top of the line healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision) and 401(k)
- Flexible time-off - recharging and taking time off is a priority for us
- Healthy catered lunches every day and a fully-stocked kitchen with breakfast items, snacks and beverages
- Downtown location with easy access to BART, CalTrain, and MUNI and great views of San Francisco and the Salesforce Park
- Pre-tax commuter benefitsTeam happy hours and team building events
- Dog-friendly office - we love our furry friends
Apollo accelerates the growth and success of your entire sales org with the first truly reliable, scalable revenue engine and account-based sales platform. We’ve created the solution for the persistent pain that reps aren’t sending the right messages, to the right people, at the right time despite the three to six sales point solutions they use each day.
Managers and reps alike can trust our unified platform, which includes an up-to-date database of 200M+ contacts, a full engagement stack, and the industry’s only advanced Rules Engine and fully custom Analytics suite. Reps get a platform with their team’s best practices built in, so they can focus on selling, and managers can build strategies based on advanced revenue data, not guesswork.
Apollo is the foundation of your entire go-to-market strategy.