Apprentice Engineer - Pinterest
The Pinterest Apprenticeship Program is an opportunity for candidates from non-traditional tech backgrounds to experience engineering at Pinterest. Apprenticeships are up to one year long with the opportunity to be considered for conversion to a full-time engineer. Employment throughout the program is at will, and while programs can be up to one year in length, there is no guarantee on the specific length of the program. Those who are currently underrepresented in tech and at Pinterest (Women, Black/African American, Latin/Hispanic, American Indian, Native Hawaiian, Alaska Native and/or Pacific Islanders) are especially encouraged to apply. Applications will close on Friday, March 27 at 9:00am PST. The program start date will be June 15, 2020.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside other Pinterest engineers on a tightly scoped, high-impact project
- Collaborate with an assigned mentor who will help you navigate the technical challenges associated with being an engineer at Pinterest
- Continually grow — professionally and personally through various learning and development opportunities
- Candidates from non-traditional tech backgrounds, including but not limited to: coding bootcamp grads, candidates looking to re-enter the tech workforce, self-taught coders, or candidates without a Computer Science degree
- Self-motivated and eager candidates with a passion to learn to code and curiosity to learn what it’s like to work and succeed as an engineer at Pinterest
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
Pinterest is a visual discovery engine for finding ideas like recipes, home and style inspiration, and more. With billions of Pins on Pinterest, you'll always find ideas to spark inspiration. When you discover Pins you love, save them to boards to keep your ideas organized and easy to find.