Full Stack Engineer - Trussle
As a rule, we’re technology agnostic, if you can articulate why a particular language or piece of technology is right for Trussle, we want you to bring this to the table.
Our front-end applications are written in React with TypeScript using Gatsby and Next.js. For our REST and GraphQL APIs we use TypeScript and NodeJS, with PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch behind the scenes.
All of our services are hosted on AWS using Elastic Kubernetes Service. CI/CD is handled by Jenkins, with automated Docker builds and deployments to staging. We use Github and JIRA to help us keep on top of our tasks, manage and host our code.
- Develop scalable web applications for award-winning consumer-facing financial tools
- Develop quick internal admin tools for analysts to create and maintain critical rule sets around consumer financial data
- Integrate new external APIs from vendors or other teams into platform
- Work with UX and design team to transform wireframes into living products
- Build new REST and/or GraphQL endpoints for representing our data to consumer applications
- Own full development requirements and implementation, release management, QA regression scripts, and deployment to containerized production environments
- Communicate results and impact to business stakeholders
- Experience with Node.js and a UI framework (React a plus)
- Experience with unit, integration and end to end testing tools and practices
- Experience with documenting, creating, and consuming REST APIs (GraphQL a plus)
- Keen eye for detail when translating design and requirements into working code
- Proficiency with security requirements, authentication and authorization layers (OAuth2, Google Sign-in)
- Aware of front-end performance implications and best practices
- Familiarity working in the cloud, especially as it pertains to the front end: (Amazon S3 or Azure Blob, Cloudfront, Cloudflare, Fastly, etc.)
- Familiarity with tag and event tracking libraries (e.g. Segment, Google Analytics)
- Fluent at using Git
- Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
- You feel comfortable that our values - being brave, investing in each other, making it simple, and owning it - reflect aspects of your personality and approach to work.
- Medical insurance
- Maternity leave
- Unconscious bias training
- Parental leave
- Paid vacation
- Work from home flexibility
- Flexible work schedule
Step 1: Phone chat with internal recruiter
Step 2: Phone tech screen with one of the Tech Leads
Step 3: Choice of doing a coding exercise at home or pair programming on it at the Face to Face
Step 4: Face to face (CV deep dive, Exercise review or pair programming, System design whiteboard exercise, Culture chat)
Step 5: Offer
Trussle is an online mortgage broker and aspires to make homeownership more affordable and accessible to everyone. We are expanding and looking for a number of JS Engineers, to help us build the Front End tools and Back End automation that will allow us to offer outstanding service to our customers, lenders and partners.