As an agency, the client is currently involved in several large projects which require a variety of skills. In order of importance, they are Drupal 7, Drupal 8, and finally general PHP with experience in Node.js/MongoDB. Familiarity with SuiteCRM, SugarCRM, and Meteor would be a plus.
As a Fullstack Senior Developer, you will be working on both backend site-building and frontend theming. You will be working on several projects and will be open to learning new technologies or improving your current skills when other needs arise. In order to complete your tasks, you will be working within the client’s proprietary methodology.
As a developer, you will need to be compatible with 3 major aspects of this methodology:
- You would be dealing with JIRA tickets estimated at a maximum of 2-3 hours at a very granular level. For each one of them, you would be provided with the user story, technical approach, and acceptance criteria.
- Tasks are sometimes estimated by another internal team member, so you would need to:
Communicate if you disagree with the estimate and offer suggestions or alternatives to make things happen within budget while explaining trade-offs
Achieve the deadline even if that involves offering implementation compromises up to your project manager and the client
- Track your time by using Toggl which allows the company to collect metrics on your work.
- 3-5 years of experience with advanced PHP development
- Humble, honest, hungry and smart
- Organized, systematic, and logical
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and grow from constructive feedback.
- Experience with Git
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Experience with Drupal 6, 7 and/or 8 (strongly desired)
- Familiarity with Meteor.js
- Computer Science degree or comparable solid knowledge and real-world programming experience
- Linux admin capabilities
- Experience with Pantheon for hosting
- Experience with Symfony
- Contribution to at least one Open Source project
About Scalable Path
We’re a staffing agency with a deep commitment to customer service and a platform with over 12,000 top-tier developers and digital pros.