Full Stack WordPress Developer - Radish Lab
We are looking for a Full Stack Wordpress Developer to help plan, design, and implement a website project.
You have experience building custom solutions using WordPress and understanding and writing frontend code. If you are a generalist when it comes to writing code and comfortable on any end of a tech stack, then you might be the perfect fit.
- Write backend application code for WordPress-based and other types of websites.
- Assist with and direct frontend development as necessary, particularly in regards to the intersection between front and back end application design.
- Managing Node dependencies and other libraries related to projects, as well as the configuration of those libraries.
- Assist with light DevOps operations, such as code deployments and build script configurations.
- Complete ongoing maintenance tasks within regular sprint cycles, and direct the testing and documentation around those tasks.
- Offer feedback to designers and product stakeholders during the early strategic phases of projects.
You'll also be
- Working with our project managers to plan project timelines
- Working with our new business manager to provide feedback on proposals and estimates
- Helping manage and plan our overall development approach to projects and DevOps
- 5+ years of Wordpress development: experience building themes from scratch, customizing websites through child themes and building custom plugins
- Ability to build and test web applications end-to-end, and have a thorough understanding of HTTP requests, RESTful APIs, authorization systems and comfort with using third-party solutions to solve problems.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills and great patience in dealing with technical problems
- Experience and familiarity with the MVC architectural pattern (Laravel, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- Comfort with the terminal, running command-line based utilities, knowledge of shell scripting (e.g. Bash)
- Advanced use of Git
Nice to Have
- Experience with
- writing frontend build scripts, for example using Webpack
- Container-based applications, particularly using Docker
- Background in working with fast-paced environments like a creative agency
- A dog or cat you like to share pictures of with the team
- Must be in the Americas.
- We are particularly interested in candidates in Latin America (LATAM).
- Must speak English fluently.
- Co-working space allowance
- Yearly team retreat
- Continuing education or training benefits based on goals
- Please upload an awesome (seriously) cover letter and your resume. And include links to your Github account in the introduction space. Also please quote your weekly rate.
About Radish Lab
Radish Lab is a full-service interactive creative agency that focuses on people and projects that create an impact in our world. We’re headquartered in Brooklyn, New York with an office in Berlin, Germany.
We build innovative websites, applications, data visualizations, and interactive experiences for non-profits, cultural institutions, universities, advocacy organizations, health, and science-based organizations, as well as social businesses