Our first Women in Web Dev webinar on Levelling Up as a Developer was a success!
Kim shared with us how she went from being unappreciated and burnt out early in her career to finding a company who values her!
Catch the replay until Sunday, Aug 25!
Jump to Section
- Twilio Software Engineer Apprentice
- Congressional Innovation Fellowship
- O’Reilly TensorFlow World
- Society of Women Engineers 2019 – Conference + Travel Grant
- Kenzie Academy Women In Tech Scholarship ($5000)
New Remote Jobs
There’s now a handy “Quick Search Options” on the job board!
- Full Stack Developer for the Family Independence Initiative – $100,000 – $120,000 USD a year, remote in PST timezone, great benefits package with dental, medical, & vacation time!
- Software Engineer at Mystery.org – Competitive salary and benefits package for a software engineer interested in children’s science education!
- Software Engineer at Forestry – Remote position for a content management system!
Internships & Returnships
- *NEW* Twilio Software Engineer Apprentice – 6-month apprenticeship program for people with a non-traditional tech background in San Francisco. Deadline: Aug 30th.
- Shopify Welcome Back Program in Toronto & Ottawa – 3-month paid internship for software developers who have been out of the workforce for two years. Includes mentorship and training courses. Deadline: Sept 13th.
- *NEW* Twitter Hiring Tour – Twitter is looking for mobile, full stack, and systems engineers. They’ll be interviewing in several cities around the U.S. If you qualify but aren’t near one of the cities, they’ll pay for hotels and flights.
- *NEW* Congressional Innovation Fellowship – 12-month fellowship researching and briefing a Member of Congress or Congressional Committee on issues related to technology. Deadline: Sept. 3.
- *NEW* Apprenticeships.me – Resource full of companies that are looking for apprentices, including Amazon, Adobe, Pinterest, Lyft and others.
- The Coaching Fellowship – A 6-month coaching program for women to accelerate leadership potential and work with our fellows to attain their goals. Deadline: Aug 30th.
- *NEW* O’Reilly TensorFlow World – Santa Clara, CA – Oct. 28 -31 – Conference pass, video compilation, and $599 USD prepaid gift card to offset travel, food, & lodging costs. Deadline: Sept. 5.
- *NEW* Code BEAM Lite – Berlin, Germany – Oct. 11 – Ticket to conference about discovering the future of the Erlang and Elixir ecosystems. Deadline: Sept. 1.
- *NEW* Node.js Day – Verona, Italy – Oct. 3 – Scholarship for conference ticket.
- *NEW* React.js Day – Oct. 4 – Scholarship for conference ticket.
- *NEW* Wonder Women Tech – Long Beach, CA – Nov. 7-9 – Free ticket to event includes mentor magic sessions, career fair, resume review lounge, and all conference events! Deadline: Sept. 6.
- *NEW* Vue.js London – London, UK – Oct. 4-5 – Diversity tickets available for women, people of color, LGBTQ, disabled people, and those facing economic or social hardships.
- *NEW* AfroTech 2019 – Oakland, CA – Nov. 7 – 10 – 6000+ black techies, startups, and entrepreneurs coming together! Ticket & travel grant. Deadline: Sept. 2.
- *NEW* Society of Women Engineers 2019 – Anaheim, CA – Nov. 7-9 – Travel & ticket grant for the world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering and technology. Deadline: Sept. 2.
- *NEW* Lamba World Cádiz – Cádiz, Andulucia, Spain – Oct. 17 – 18 – Grants for underrepresented minorities and Students to attend Lambda.World! Tickets & accommodation included. Deadline: Sept. 1.
- *NEW* Kubernetes Community Days – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Sept. 13 – Kubernetes Community Days is a technical conference for developers and operations people. Includes event ticket!
- AWS re:Invent 2019 – Las Vegas, Nevada – Dec 2 – 7 – Attend the world’s largest cloud computing conference! Includes conference registration, travel, and hotel accommodations.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers National Convention – Phoenix, Arizona – Oct 30 – Nov 3 – Travel scholarship to the country’s largest gathering of Hispanic STEM students and professionals. Deadline: Aug 30.
- React Advanced – London, UK – Oct 25 – Free ticket to conference. Deadline: Aug 31.
- PyCode Conference 2019-Gdansk, Poland -Oct 14 – 16 – Free ticket to get to exchange ideas for the future with over two hundred participants from Poland and Europe. Polish and English tracks available. Deadline: Aug 25
- Canvas Conference – Birmingham, UK – Oct 10 – Ticket to a single day digital product and experience conference sharing the insider stories from people solving real customer problems. For people who design, make and deliver digital products and experiences.
- DefendCon – Seattle, Washington – Sep 26-27 – Ticket and $500 travel scholarships are available. No deadline.
- Calibrate – San Francisco, California – Sep 27 – Diversity scholarships include admission, breakfast, lunch, and snacks.No deadline.
- *NEW* The Paliwal Club of 100 for Young Women in S.T.E.A.M. – $1,000 microgrant for women currently enrolled in university for expenses related to research, conference travel, tech devices, or music and art equipment. Deadline: Oct. 1.
- *NEW* Kenzie Academy Women In Tech Scholarship ($5000) – An alternative to college, Kenzie Academy is a 2-year program provided apprenticeship and part-time work opportunities. Pick from 3 tracks: Software Engineering, UX Engineering and Digital Marketing. Apply by Sept 1 for the October cohort.
- *NEW* PipelineDeals Women in Tech Scholarship – $2,500 essay scholarship for female university students in engineering, mathematics, science, computer science, or a high-tech related field. Deadline: Aug 31.
- See Her Excel | General Assembly – $1500 scholarship for those who have been admitted into one of three full time courses by GA. Deadline: Ongoing.