If you ever asked yourself:
- Where are all the female developers?
- How do I get started and learn to code?
- How do I navigate my career in a male-dominated field?
You’re in the right place!
Women in Web Dev is a thriving community of over 2,200 female developers in various stages of our coding journeys.
You can tap into the community 24/7.
No need to wait for the next women in tech event to meet other developers like yourself!
Here are some of the things we do:
- Facebook Group: A private group with over 2000 women where you can get answers to your questions about coding, career and more!
- Blog: Read stories about other female developers, coding tips, how to navigate your coding career and more!
- Job Board: You can find handpicked jobs added every week – mostly remote and even some junior positions.
- Newsletter: A bi-weekly email connecting you with the best opportunities for female developers.
- Founding Membership – This is a more intimate group where you can get coding support 24/7 from the community through Slack, get help during office hours and learn the non-technical skills to thrive in your career.
Get on the waitlist.
Who’s behind Women in Web Dev?
Hi, I’m Jenny! I went to Lighthouse Labs, a coding bootcamp. Now I work remotely as a full stack developer for SmarterQueue.
I coded for the first time in a Web Design course in 2011, and I was hooked!
After I got my first job in marketing, I learned more coding through Team Treehouse courses, volunteering with Ladies Learning Code and taking on tasks like coding custom HTML email templates or landing pages at work.
In 2015, tI decided to finally take the plunge and enrolled in Lighthouse Labs. It was the best decision I ever made.
I started the Women in Web Dev Facebook group because I couldn’t find any online communities for female developers. Even with organizations like Women Who Code and TechLadies, it was hard to find female developers in my own city.
I’ve been part of many Facebook groups, and my life was changed by Digital Nomad Girls, so I decided to start this group!